Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sunn O))) - Monoliths & Dimensions (2009)


Hello. My name's Pete. João asked me to write here, now and then. So, I'm starting now.
Hope you enjoy.

I like to consider myself a broadminded person, when it comes to music. One of my favourites kinds of music is Drone. It is almost impossible to talk about drone and not to mention Sunn O))) (pronounced only [Sun], as far as I know). The first time I heard the band it was hard for me to believe that I was, in fact, listening to music. I was used to rock'nroll and not much more.
Sunn O))) expanded my musical horizon. So, for those of you who like Sunn O))), and for those of you who don't like them yet, here it is the newest album.
"Monoliths & Dimensions" makes no mistake. Four long-drone songs, extremly slow tempos, but with some sort of variety from tune to tune. Aghartha, for example, is a traditional drone song (know what I mean?). But Big Church has this weird choral that makes you feel just like if you were in a real church (like it or not). I won't tell you how the rest goes.
Well, in the end, "Monoliths & Dimensions" it's an incredible drone album: with dark ambients, hope, light, feelings (i.e. you get to feel the music) all in 53 minutes.


password is: nodata.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails