Saturday, September 19, 2009

No Age "Nouns"


Released in 2008, was nominated by many as one of the best albums of that year (SubPop are their label right now, I think). All Music guide gave them 4 stars out of 5; Blender gave them 3.5 stars out of 5; Drowned in Sound evaluated it as 9 stars out of 10 stars; NME gave them 7 stars out of 10 stars; Pitchfork gave them 9.2 stars out of 10 in total.
No Age's genesis occured in 2005 and the birthplace was Los Angeles. They are a Noise Pop / Nu Gaze / Indie rock band. They've also released an album in 2007, named "Weirdo Rippers".
Personally, I don't like that much this one. When I listen No Age I'm kind of seletive with their songs. There are some that I trully adore; there are others that I seriously hate.
However, I'd label them as a great band (which also made some pretty neat t-shirts).
The first song on this album, "Miner", is great (Altamont apparel, one of their sponsors, used this song on their skateboard short video documenting the skateboard team's tour to Paris). The second song, "Eraser" is their first single on this album: it has a soft start, that bursts into a supernova of original indie rock that reveal the band's irregular frenzy and catchy music. I could go on talking about the other 10 songs on this album (its lenght is 30 minutes and 35 seconds).
The link to Nouns is here or here or here.

You can hear "Eraser" here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails