Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Serotonin Sounds

This is a blog I've made that I'll make some efforts so that it won't die quickly, like many others of mine did. The next sentences will develop some ideas of my own about what'll be this blog and what I thought before I created it.
If you don't know the meaning of "serotonin" and "sound", I'll explain it to you (probably it's better for you to skip this part, which is boring):

Serotonin: A hormone, also called 5-hydroxytryptamine, in the pineal gland, blood platelets, the digestive tract, and the brain. Serotonin acts both as a chemical messenger that transmits nerve signals between nerve cells and that causes blood vessels to narrow.

Sound:1. a. Vibrations transmitted through an elastic solid or a liquid or gas, with frequencies in
the approximate range of 20 to 20,000 hertz, capable of being detected by human
organs of hearing.
b. Transmitted vibrations of any frequency.
c. The sensation stimulated in the organs of hearing by such vibrations in the air or
other medium.


-Why have I chosen this kind of awkward name for a blog related with music?
Well, I've chosen "Serotonin Sounds" has a name for this blog because it translates an idea of the relation between an organic being [serotonin] and a non-organic being [sounds]: serotonin is a hormone that's sometimes involved with mood changes and sounds can also alter our state of mind too. Since these two have their peculiar relationship of changing one's thoughts why won't I combine these two names? That's the way I've named this blog.

-What does a sound and a serotonin look like?
This is a serotonin's chemical structure:


This is a sound's sinusoidal wave:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails