Monday, December 21, 2009

[gig reviews] Wavves and Teengirl Fantasy

Teengirl Fantasy's show was quite calm, proper to their music. Chilling, listening to their beats, while they were having fun creating melodies out of awkward loops, many people got along with it... Some just wanted Wavves to pop up on the stage and start playing though. But I liked it, I thought they were good and promising too.
Below is a video of Teengirl Fantasy performing (recorded by João Almeida with my camera):


Wavves
final gig of their european tour... how can I describe it? Marvelous, paradoxal, genius. Some hated the show, some loved it. I'm by the side of the ones who fell in love with that decaying spirit. Nathan yelled "boo" and then shouted with the whole crowd "satan! satan! satan!". Pure genius. Download this recording to see for yourself.
I couldn't film this show, but a friend of mine used the my camara and recorded almost the whole thing. However, he didn't film many crowdsurfs (don't ask me why...), including when I crowdsurfed twice. There were people outside Galeria Zé dos Bois astonished with the show, some of them even stanted there for like half an hour straight, seeing us all have fun.
The setlist wasn't bad... They didn't play "No hope kids"- many people wanted this one to be sang. "To the dregs" was featured, "Wavves" too, in which Nathan crowdsurfed while playing his guitar at the same time!!!... "So Bored" was the last song: at the end there was a stage invasion. This is all recorded by João Almeida with my camera.
You can see this below:

(part 1)


(part 2)


(part 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails